Web parts are building blocks of your home page. SharePoint allows you to upgrade your home page from the classic view to the modern view. It also lets you customize the web parts to make the interface user-friendly. You can add images, videos, texts, and dynamic content on your web parts to make them attractive.
Adding people cards
When you get the responsibility to lead a team, you may have various questions in mind, such as who is on your team, what tasks are they responsible for, how should you contact them, and what the skill-sets of your team members are. Adding people cards on your SharePoint list will answer these questions as your team members can fill out the details and share the same list with you.
• Click on edit on your SharePoint list. You will notice a “+” sign circled on the existing web part.
• Click the “+” sign and then go to People.
• You can edit the title of this web part by clicking on People Profiles.
• Enter the name of one of your team members. Once the name appears on the profile list, you can click on Add Profile.
• Follow the same steps to add profile cards of other team members.
You can choose to see the detailed or compact view of each card. The detailed view shows the picture of the team member, his/her name and email address, and title if any. The compact view, on the other hand, only shows the picture of the team member and his/her name and email address.
Adding library web parts
Remember, the steps to add the web parts mentioned below don’t apply to the classic pages. Make sure the library is on the modern view to make the changes.
• Go to the library page in which you want to insert the web part.
• You can find your library page on the Quick Launch bar in Site Contents.
• Click on Edit on the top-right of this page.
• You will see a circled “+” sign. Click on it to find the web part you want to add. It will open a search box containing options like embed, highlighted content, link, file viewer, image, and text. You can expand each category to see the details of each web part.
You can also move or remove the web parts according to your preference.
• On the Edit page, select the Move Web Part icon and drag the web part you want to move. Put it anywhere on the page you want.
• If you want to delete any web part, click on Delete Web Part. It will open a box where you can check the boxes of the web parts you want to delete.
The document library web part displays all the lists in your library. You can customize its title and even resize it if you want. It is possible to view and edit files on the library directly from their web parts. Alternatively, you can view the full document library to make the necessary changes.
For more articles on SharePoint features and updates, visit eswcompany.com